There are so many fun and exciting things happening the month of June! For starters, the first official day of summer is this month! We have a day all about celebrating dads, and one all about our best friends. For more fun to look forward to this month, check out our list of important dates below. And of course follow our social media to see what fun events we will be holding at The Grove at Moscow. Everyone is invited! So if you’re just visiting Moscow for the day or here for orientation at University of Idaho, stop on by!
First held in 1970, Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22nd to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Now coordinated by the Earth Day Network, events are held annually in more than 193 countries! Below you will find some ideas to inspire your own Earth Day celebrations.
How YOU Can Make an Impact
· Plant Wildflowers – Bring nature into your life with plants that attract bees
· Turn Off Lights – Save energy and extend the life of your bulbs
· Recycle at Home – Set up a conveniently located container for recyclables in your apartment
· Run Full Cycles – Fill up your washer and dishwasher completely before running
· Reusable Grocery Bags – Decrease usage of disposal plastic bags that can cause pollution
Plant a Tree – Plant a tree locally or help plant trees around the world. Find out how by clicking here!
Two of our favorite food holidays fall during the month of March: National Peanut Butter Lovers’ Day and Pi Day! Hey - we’ll take any excuse to celebrate a day that involves food! Check out a list of both peanut butter and pie recipes we put together so you can celebrate too. And be sure to keep an eye on our social media for any upcoming events at Grove Moscow!