Making Thanksgiving Work In Your One Oven Apartment
Nov 04, 2019
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and maybe this year you are hosting Thanksgiving in your Grove Moscow apartment. Whether you are hosting it with a group of friends, family, or an intimant day with your partner, here are some tips on making it work in your one oven apartment:
Bake all your pies and dessert the day before
Find multiple side that can bake at the same temperature - or bake everythign at the middle temperature and monitor closely
Find dishes that dont need the oven...crockpots, stove tops, no baking at all even...people might want a salad
Reheat while the turkey rests - perfect time to cook biscuits or if you premade dishes time to reheat for that 30 minutes while the turkey rests
If you absolutely need that second oven...make friends with your neighbors who are going out of town
October is one of the best months of the year. The weather is perfect and there is so much to do! Fall is the perfect time to unleash your creative side and make fun snacks, decorations, or embrace the outdoors. Here is a list of 30 activities that will help you make the most of this perfect month.
1. Go apple picking. 2. Get a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. 3. Go to a haunted house 4. Plan a fun Halloween party for you and your friends. 5. Make a really cool Halloween costume. We will be having a costume contest this month, so start preparing now! 6. Go to a pumpkin patch. 7. Get inspiration for fall outfits from Pinterest and Tumblr. 8. Rake the leaves and jump in them! 9. Go for a hike and collect fall leaves. 10. Go on a hayride, haunted or not. 11. Navigate your way through a corn maze. 12. Go trick-or-treating. 13. Watch your favorite Halloween movies such as Halloweentown and Hocus Pocus. 14. Take cute fall pictures with your friends. 15. Bake pumpkin spice flavored desserts. 16. Curl up with a good book on a cool fall night. 17. Smell the Leaves candle from Bath and Body Works and try to resist the autumnal scent. 18. Clean out your closet and donate gently used clothes to Goodwill. 19. Go shopping for cute fall boots. 20. Decorate your apartment with fun fall decorations. 21. Volunteer at a soup kitchen to help provide warm meals in the colder months. 22. Carve a pumpkin. 23. Go on a road trip with your friends to enjoy the beautiful fall scenery. 24. Make s'mores by a campfire. 25. Look for fun activities in your community like a Fall Festival. 26. Make caramel covered apples. 27. Roast pumpkin seeds in the oven with sea salt. 28. Drink a glass of apple cider. 29. Wear a typical fall outfit consisting of a flannel, leggings, and riding boots. 30. Wear pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Make sure you are following us online to stay up to date on all of our fun October activities!
With Fall coming into full bloom and school back in session, let’s not forget how imperative self-care is. Below is a list of some recommended self-care ideas we got to help you decompress and destress.
· Go for a walk
· Read a good book
· Try a new workout class - student union
· Get pumpkin donuts
· Try a new Fall drink
· Play a new video game
· Check out the new Fall TV series!
· Clean out your closet
· Take a nap and catch up on some sleep
· Try a new bakery around town
We hope you find these ideas helpful. Grove Moscow would love to hear what your favorite self-care go-to is. Stop by our office and let our friendly staff know what ideas you have tried or want to try.